- Senior-level hands-on UX designer with experience across all common form factors.
- Passionate end-user advocate. Expert practitioner of User-Centered Design; delivers solutions that combine clean architecture and great UI/UX.
- Proficient content/information architect with years of experience in organizing information for mobile, Web and print; equally adept in interaction and IA design.
- Highly skilled in wire-framing and prototyping concepts.
- Conducts and/or assists with User Research and data mining efforts to land on the right solution.
- Well-versed in Agile Software Development.
- Very strong relationship-building and cross-team collaboration skills; adept at driving consensus.
- Demonstrates proven ability to manage projects; works independently with minimal direction; highly-developed interpersonal and communications skills.
- Proven strategic planning and execution of projects and product concepts.
UX Designer/Consultant, Accenture (Contract) 11/15-2/18
- Designed phone & tablet apps for public pension recipients, enabling the conversion of archaic paper- and web-based retirement systems to sleek, user-friendly digital solutions
- Created clickable Axure prototypes as proof of concepts to pitch to State & municipal government agencies
- Single-handedly delivered V1 of the State of Michigan’s mobile retirement app; worked onsite with the client to assist with project planning and to give design presentations
- Worked closely and built relationship with all team members, including Account Managers, Engineering Managers, and Development team
- Delivered all Information Architecture, wireframes, visual designs, and functional specifications for multiple projects
UX Designer/Consultant, Base2 Solutions (Freelance) 09/13-4/15
- Designed IA, interactions, and visual designs for medical-related, data-heavy intranet site
- Wrote functional specs and worked closely with developers throughout entire process
- Designed biotech-focused logistics Web app
UX & Visual Designer, Filter Digital /INRIX (Freelance 11/13-6/14
- Create photorealistic UX/visual designs that illustrated in-dash auto experiences
- Demonstrated deep integration of GPS navigation, personal contacts, scheduling/calendar management, mobile communications and auto maintenance in one streamlined in-dash system
- Worked closely with client to execute his vision, and with prototyping specialist
UX Designer/Consultant, Avanade 04/15-07/15
- Conducted user interviews and other research activities
- Summarized & delivered all research, as well as initial design recommendations
- Created wireframes for various collaboration-focused websites and apps
Sr. UX/UI Designer, Yoh (Contract) 01/14-03/15
- Redesigning existing AT&T Enterprise Marketing Website experiences
- Designing new web pages, assets, diagrams, page templates and interactions
- Designed new Internet of Things page, including all photo editing, layout & interaction
Sr. UX Designer, Blackboard Inc. 01/13-01-14
- Designed new features and redesigned existing functionality for Collaborate Mobile (iOS & Android)
- Designed new features and redesigned existing features for Collaborate desktop client
- Designed Web interfaces for account management and session creation
- Designed Web client for Blackboard IM
- Developed Personas, Scenarios and specifications for all Collaborate products
- Conducted User Research, participated in customer-facing interactions
Product Designer, Tipbit (Contract) 08/12-01/13
- Designed newly-concepted product from the ground up
- Designed on-brand experiences across all surfaces (PC, Tablet, Web, and Mobile)
- Delivered IA, wireframes and high-fidelity mock-ups for app and marketing Website
- Collaborating on brand development
UX/UI/Visual Designer, Amazon (Kindle Group Contract) 05/12-08/12
- Designed Kindle Content Store experiences for Web, Mobile & Kindle devices (includes UI, information & visual design).
- Participated in planning sessions for 2013-2014.
Freelance UX Designer, Filter Digital 03/12-06/14
- Created wireframes and interaction flows for a startup’s iPhone app.
- Created interaction flows & visual mockups for an Xbox companion app.
- Met with and presented to clients on a regular basis.
- Designed in-dash UI that integrated traffic, calendar, contacts, and navigation data for INRIX.
- Created all assets for all new in-dash INRIX UI.
Freelance UX Consultant, Rooster Park 03/12-06/12
- Designed a data portal site/app for a startup (focused on large-scale IT management data.)
- Created new Information Architecture for this large app, focusing on simplification.
- Re-branded the product and created new visual design & guidelines.
- Created all end-to-end Interaction and UX/UI Designs.
Senior UX Designer/Architect, Draftfcb 07/11-03/12
- Introduced UCD and UX for digital projects to the agency.
- Educated agency on the UX Design process and project cycle for Website/app design & production.
- Designed Website for consumer-focused HP loyalty program (producing Scenarios, sitemap, interaction model, wireframes and comps).
- Designed separate Website for enterprise-focused HP loyalty program (producing Scenarios, sitemap, interaction model, wireframes and comps).
- Influenced loyalty program strategy from UX perspective.
- Hired/managed freelance design and User Research resources.
User Experience PM II, Microsoft Corp. 09/07-07/11
Digital Entertainment Team (Xbox Live) 09/10-07/11
- Defined Social, Community & Rewards experiences that connects users with new content for Xbox app.
- Defined identity experiences for PC entertainment client that draw customers to product marketplace.
- Wireframed social Profile, “Friends” UX, Sharing & Avatar experiences that appear across the product.
- Created experiences for and drove development of ratings, rewards and recommendations system.
- Ensured revenue increase opportunities through user experiences that continually introduce customers to new media.
- Managed internal partner relationships (Xbox console, Windows group, Web experiences groups, etc.).
Windows® Phone Messaging Team 03/09-09/10
- Created wireframes and other conceptual mockups for email and Visual Voicemail user experiences.
- Created, wireframed, and drove the development of platform-wide Content Sharing solution and UI.
- Defined and managed the development of Start menu experience for e-mail, SMS/MMS and IM.
- Defined & managed the notifications experiences for e-mail, SMS/MMS and IM.
- Led incubation teams to design concepts & experiences for upcoming releases; created hi-fidelity mockups of forward-thinking experiences.
- Tracked all dependencies on partner teams; created a process to be used for future releases; acted as liaison between Communications team and all partner teams.
- Managed branding relationships for all messaging; engaged with internal & external partners to obtain logo usage rights and get the right contracts in place.
Windows Mobile Shell team and Phone/ConnUX team 09/07-03/09
- Created graphics and mock-ups for software interaction models.
- Responsible for creating initial setup/sign-in experiences that increase customer retention and overall product satisfaction (Out Of Box Experience/OOBE).
- Redesigned Connectivity User Experiences for full-touch devices (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, cellular data).
- Managed vendor Software Engineers.
- Drove integration of services and related apps throughout device platform.
|Adobe Illustrator||Microsoft Word||HTML|
|Adobe Photoshop||Microsoft PowerPoint||CSS3|
|Adobe InDesign||Microsoft Excel||WordPress|